Research Updates and Research Summaries
Written and published by the ME Association with the grateful assistance of Charlotte Stephens.
These popular lay summaries focus on studies we have found particularly interesting or important and include updates relating to the research being supported by the Ramsay Research Fund.
They often feature comments from researchers we have interviewed and from Dr Charles Shepherd, our Hon. Medical Adviser, some are written by the researchers themselves.
We make them all freely available as downloads and hope they help bring a greater understanding and appreciation of the science that lies behind these publications.
This series of reviews and updates began in Autumn 2017.
- September: The search for biomarkers in ME/CFS using Raman spectroscopy
- August: Natural killer cells as a biomarker in ME/CFS
- June: ME/CFS and the Biopsychosocial Model – by Dr Keith Geraghty
- March: Vision impairment in M.E.
- February: Elevated BNP levels in ME/CFS associate with cardiac dysfunction
- January: The dysfunctional autonomic nervous system in ME/CFS
- December: Changes in ‘brain chemistry’ after exercise in CFS, Gulf War Illness and sedentary controls
- November: Cellular bioenergetic deficiencies in ME/CFS – by Cara Tomas
- October: Rethinking childhood adversity in ME/CFS
- October: Grey and white matter differences in chronic fatigue syndrome
- August: Cytokine signature associated with disease severity in ME/CFS
Please Support M.E. Research
How you can help
Please help us to build on our success and continue to expand our vital work. One day we will find the cause of ME/CFS and have an effective form of treatment. And with your help, that day could come much sooner.
If you would like to help the Ramsay Research Fund invest in even more biomedical research, please donate now:
- with either a single online donation, or click the button opposite
- by cheque (made payable to: The ME Association Ramsay Research Fund) to: The ME Association, 7 Apollo Office Court, Radclive Road, Gawcott, Bucks MK18 4DF.
- by card donation over the phone to our head office (01280 818964)
Or, if you would like to fundraise for the Ramsay Research Fund, please start your online giving page, here.
Other pages in this section:
- Published Research – Supported by the MEA Ramsay Research Fund
- Research Summaries – Lay summaries of interesting and important research
- PACE Trial Reanalysis and MEA Illness Management Reports
^ Return to Top
ME Association Registered Charity Number 801279