Join our growing Marketplace team of craftspeople…
If you are a talented craftsperson, or fancy trying your hand at a new hobby – as and when you are able – why not join our growing ‘Marketplace’ team of craftspeople?
And if you are looking for a special, unique, gift for someone, perhaps you might find it in the Marketplace4ME on JustGiving.
- Our ‘Makers’ devote time and valuable energy to creating, crafting, and selling unique items to raise funds to help support the ME Association.
- Please contribute to their efforts with your own creations, or support them by purchasing an item or two from their collection.
- You can visit MarketPlace4ME on JustGiving.
Here are just a few examples of the crafts that people have created…
- Rosey makes a wide range of necklaces and bracelets from semi-precious gemstones. She offers discounts for multiple purchases and raises funds for the MEA Ramsay Research Fund.
- Sue makes these pretty handmade cards. She can personalise them upon request. If you would like her to make you something special, please let Tony Britton know what you need and he will get in touch.
- If it’s something relevant to M.E. you’re looking for, then look no further. Liz can make her bead bracelets, to your specification.
- Melanie donates £1 from every sale of her ‘All about ME!’ Night Cream to the ME Association.
Fundraising is not the only goal here – all our Makers want to raise awareness of M.E. in the hope that more people will understand the devastating effect that it has on people’s lives.
- Visit the Marketplace 4 ME on JustGiving.
| Rosey said: |
“The real heroes are the folk with M.E. who fundraise in their housebound state. Just quietly getting on with it.”
“Having M.E. is a challenge. But on the good days, where we feel almost fine, we like to make things. Beautiful things that give us joy in the making, but also give others pleasure in the giving.”
“Being able to make things is a lifeline – something positive to show when our bodies and minds are letting us do so little. We want to make M.E. less invisible and by buying, giving, and wearing our gifts, you will be helping to make it so.”
Help and Support
Here to help you – every step of the way!
We’ll help you turn your idea into reality – whatever it is you want to do – and we can give you the support you need to get started and help promote your event, if you would like us to do so.
Whatever you decide, if you choose to raise funds for the ME Association, be sure to take plenty of photographs – we’d love to be able to report your event on our website, social media, and in our members magazine, ME Essential.
Tony Britton, our Fundraiser, is here to help you every step of the way. Feel free to contact him whenever you have any questions.
You can contact Tony by email, on phone him on 01406 370 293, mobile: 07946 760 811.
The ME Association
Please support our vital work
We are a national charity working hard to make the UK a better place for people whose lives have been devastated by an often-misunderstood neurological disease.
If you would like to support our efforts and ensure we are able to inform, support, advocate and invest in biomedical research, then please donate today.
Just click the image opposite or visit our JustGiving page for one-off donations or to establish a regular payment. You can even establish your own fundraising event.
ME Association Registered Charity Number 801279
Visit the other pages in this section: