A great way to bring people together to support a cause close to your heart…
Holding an event is also a good opportunity to have some fun and bring awareness of M.E. to a wider community.
It can be something as simple as a slumber-party, a cake sale or a dress-down day at work or perhaps a Skype-party with friends who also have M.E.
ME Association fundraisers never lack imagination and are always coming up with creative ways of raising money that use their own special talents and abilities in a unique way.
Here are just some of the events that ran last year…
- Sinead and her daughter Amelia ran a Teddy Tombola at school, to help raise funds for the ME Association because of the impact her other daughter Katy’s M.E. has had on the whole family. Sinead and her friend, Lynette, also completed a cockney-themed walk through the streets of London.
- David’s football team hosted a tournament. He also did some baking for the meet and greet afterwards and invited donations.
- Mark organised a Christmas raffle of a limited-edition whisky in aid of the ME Association, after being inspired to fundraise when a friend was diagnosed with the illness. Mark, a keen runner, also took on other physical challenges.
- PJ Care organised a Fun Day for staff, residents and families. The photograph was kindly supplied by Jules Corry.
Raffles, street collections, charity auctions, etc. are all great fundraisers – but do please speak to Helen Hyland, our Fundraising Manager, in the first instance, as the rules for such events can be quite complex and confusing.
Weddings, anniversaries, special birthdays and other gatherings of friends and family can also be excellent opportunities for fundraising and raising awareness.
- If you decide against asking for presents, perhaps ask for donations to the ME Association instead.
- Jit and Joy (pictured), renewed their vows after 25 years of marriage and asked for donations to ME Association in lieu of presents.
Whatever the occasion, invite family and friends to donate to help you celebrate and to support our valuable work.
If you choose to fundraise for a challenge, event or activity, please consider registering it on JustGiving.
- It’s a convenient platform that allows you to easily share it with family, friends, and the wider community via email or social media for example.
- You can easily monitor how much money you are raising – can keep everyone informed of your progress – and the funds that you receive will be automatically donated to the ME Association.
- Just click the button above for more information, and please let Helen Hyland our fundraising manager know when you begin fundraising. She has a wealth of fundraising experience and can lend support and advice if you need it.
Help and Support
Here to help you – every step of the way!
Whatever you decide, if you choose to raise funds for the ME Association, be sure to take plenty of photographs – we’d love to be able to report your event on our website, social media, and in our members magazine, ME Essential.
Helen Hyland, our Fundraising Manager, is here to help you every step of the way, and can also provide you with a ME Association fundraising pack if you require one.
You can contact Helen by email, or by phone (01280 838964).
Other pages in this section:
- Fundraising Challenges
- Events and Celebrations
- Business Fundraising
- In Memory
- Easy Ways to Fundraise
ME Association Registered Charity Number 801279