Before you get in touch:
- If you have a query about symptoms or diagnosis of M.E. then please review the extensive information we have placed in the website section: What is ME?
- What is ME? also explains the various approaches to management for example, and provides links to all the relevant leaflets that can be ordered or downloaded from our online shop.
- We have also now published a Factsheet about M.E. that is available as a free download and can be helpful when explaining M.E. to others.
- Our head office is managed by Gill Briody and her team and you can contact them by post, telephone or email and they will get back to you as soon as they can.
- Address: The ME Association, 7 Apollo Office Court, Radclive Road, Gawcott, Bucks, MK18 4DF
- Telephone: 01280 818964 weekdays, between 9.30am and 3.00pm.
- Email: Head Office.
ME Connect – Telephone and Email Helpline
- The ME Association telephone helpline service is open every day of the year from:
- 10.00am – 12.00pm,
- 2.00pm – 4.00pm, and
- 7.00pm – 9.00pm.
- Telephone 0844 576 5326 to speak to one of our fully-trained volunteers.
- You can also email ME Connect with any queries you might have and we will reply as soon as we possibly can.
- All conversations and emails are treated in the strictest confidence.
- The cost of calls to 0844 numbers is determined by your telephone provider. Please check your contract for charging details,
- The service charge for calls to ME Connect is 7p a minute – from which we receive 3p – plus your provider’s access charge,
- Calls from mobiles and other devices can be considerably more expensive than from a landline.
- Fundraising not only raises money for the ME Association, but is also a good opportunity to raise awareness of the disease beyond the M.E. community.
- Let us know if you have an idea of what you want to do – or even if you don’t and need some help coming up with something.
- We can not only help you set things up, we can also help promote your event on our website and across social media.
- Please review the information we have provided in the Get Involved section of our website, and contact Helen Hyland, our fundraising manager, if you want to discuss any fundraising ideas or require support for your fundraising event.
- You can reach Helen by telephone (01280 838964), or by email.
Leaflets, books and other merchandise
- Purchases can be made from our online shop, or by completing the 8-page Order Form and returning it to our head office.
- Once you have paid for a leaflet online, you will be sent an email that is your receipt/invoice and also contains a link and password that returns you to our website and allows you to download your leaflet.
- If you think you haven’t received this email, it is worth checking your spam/junk folder to be sure, before contacting head office (see Administration, above).
- Full details about ordering our material can be found on the various pages in the online shop and on the order form.
- Members of the ME Association receive a quarterly magazine – ME Essential – delivered straight to their door.
- This is a 50-page exclusive, featuring interviews, up-to-date medical and scientific research information and stories about how people cope with the disease.
- If you have any queries or ideas for articles for ME Essential, or would like to advertise in the magazine or on this website, then please contact the editor by email.
- For press enquiries, please contact our PR manager, John Siddle, by email or by phone (07598 032 845).
- You might also like to read and download our Factsheet which provides important information about M.E. that can be useful background.
We recognise that your personal endorsement of our cause is important and we will do all that we can to support the needs of our members.
- Subscriptions are a vital part of our charity income and they allow us to help make the UK a better place for everyone with M.E.
- If you are interested in joining the ME Association, you might want to first read the membership section of our website.
Note to existing members:
Please quote your membership number when making your enquiry (this will be on your letter confirming membership and also appears on the address label of your copy of ME Essential).
Ramsay Research Fund, The
The ME Association has always regarded the promotion and funding of medical research to be a key priority, and we do this through our Ramsay Research Fund.
- The fund was named after Dr Melvin Ramsay who brought this disease to the attention of the medical profession following an outbreak of M.E. at London’s Royal Free Hospital in 1955.
- Dr Ramsay also helped establish the ME Association which was founded in 1978 and he remained closely involved with the charity until his death in 1990.
- If you are a researcher interested in approaching us for a grant, you might like to first read the research section of our website.
- It would then be helpful if you could direct grant enquiries to Dr Charles Shepherd, Hon. Medical Adviser to the ME Association, via our head office.
Website and social media
- If you have any queries, or ideas to improve or update the information on our website or our Facebook and Twitter and Instagram pages, then please send an email to our content manager.
ME Association Registered Charity Number 801279