Members of the ME Association receive a quarterly magazine – ME Essential – delivered straight to their door. It features exclusive interviews, keeps them up-to-date with medical and scientific developments and includes stories about how people cope with the disease.
ME Essential Autumn 2018
- Chairman’s Message
Neil Riley talks about the tragedy of another ME death and the lack of adequate hospital provision
Research news and updates about ME/CFS
- ME Association
Finance report and trustee elections
- Management File
Premenstrual syndrome and ME/CFS with Dr Charles Shepherd
- Ask the Doctor
Dr Shepherd answers readers’ questions
- Young ME
Teenagers who have to cope with ME in their lives
- Real Lives
The #CPunk movement, a carers’ story and wild tigers
- Five Minutes With…
Helen Darling from MEA head office
- Lifestyle – Books, music and readers’ poetry
- It’s all about ME
Ev Francis explores the usefulness of CBT in her own quirky way
- My ME
Sally Doherty tells her ME story
Your amazing efforts to raise funds for ME
- Our Xmas fundraising appeal
We want to put even more money into biomedical research in 2019 and we need your help to do it…
- Your Gifts
- New Friends
Connect with like-minded people who understand you fully
- Love and Relationships
How ME affects love
- Your Letters
- Counselling Practitioners
- Diary Dates
- The Last Word
Haty Hayfield explains why her experience of ME is not all ‘doom and gloom’
And don’t forget…
- The 2018 edition of our clinical and research guide is now available from Amazon in Kindle format!
- The Kindle version comes with a fully interactive contents page, and embedded links to external information and to all our main leaflets. This makes it much easier to locate the information you need and to download leaflets from our website shop.
- Hard copies will still be made available for order via the website shop or direct from head office, and we will continue to be able to send a free copy to nominated health professionals.
- 2018 Xmas Cards! Last year our lovely festive cards sold out very fast, so we thought you’d like the chance to order this year’s cards early to get ahead of the rush! They come in two designs and in packs of 10 cards for just £3.50 per pack.
- Choose from Joy or Dove, or even order some of each! The wording inside the cards reads: ‘Seasons Greetings and Best Wishes for the New Year’ and each card features the MEA logo and address.
How to receive a copy of ME Essential
To receive a regular copy of our magazine you will need to be a member of the ME Association. To read more about the benefits of membership and to make an application, please visit our membership page.
You can join or renew membership online, or complete a Membership Application Form (especially if you would like to pay by annual standing order and receive £10 worth of free leaflets), and return it to our head office in the post.
ME Essential Frequently Asked Questions Index
In every issue of ME Essential magazine, Dr Shepherd answers questions from members on a whole variety of subjects relating to life with M.E. that together provide a useful source of reference.
You can view or download our latest index and then find answers from your own back-copies of our magazine, or contact head office who should be able to assist.
ME Association Registered Charity Number 801279