Neil Riley, Chairman, ME Association.
The ME Association is looking to recruit someone to lead our charity fundraising efforts and public campaigns. The deadline for applications is Sunday, 22nd September so please get in touch with us promptly if you think this role is for you.
Hours 25 hours a week
Salary £17,000 annum
Pension Workplace pension
Holidays 4 weeks plus public holidays
Based at Home based
- Raising money for the charity.
- Be the first point of contact for all incoming fundraising enquiries.
- Initiate fundraising campaigns for general funds (including ME Awareness Week) and Appeals, if required by Trustees, for specific projects.
- Develop strategies to build relations with existing and potential donors. Create all necessary promotion materials (leaflets, website, social media etc.) to support individual giving.
- Create and keep up-to-date a donor and fundraising database.
- Write reports on donations for Board meetings.
- Personable and of a friendly nature
- Ability to inspire and motivate supporters
- Happy to spend a significant amount of time communicating with individuals remotely (phone, emails, social media, video)
- Confident to use own initiative as part of a small dedicated team
Experience and qualifications
- Ideally, Certificate in Fundraising from Institute of Fundraising, but this is not essential
- Experience in individual giving with a charitable organisation and of charity database administration
- Good communication and IT skills, including social media and Microsoft Office
- Ability to keep financial records
Briefly explain (in no more than 200 words) why you are the best person for this role and send with your C.V. to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is Sunday, 22nd September 2019.
The ME Association
Real People. Real Disease. Real M.E.
We are a national charity working hard to make the UK a better place for people whose lives have been devastated by an often-misunderstood neurological disease.
If you would like to support our efforts and help ensure we can inform, support, advocate and invest in biomedical research, then please donate today.
Just click the image opposite and visit our JustGiving page for one-off donations, to establish a regular payment or to create your own fundraising event.
Or why not join the ME Association as a member and be part of our growing community? For a monthly (or annual) subscription you will also receive our exclusive ME Essential magazine.
ME Association Registered Charity Number 801279