Full membership of the ME Association is available to all adults with M.E., carers and anyone with an interest in the disease.
- £18.00 (UK residents and BFPO)
- £24.00 (Mainland Europe including Republic of Ireland)
- £30.00 (Rest of the World)
Each full member is entitled to vote at our Annual and Extraordinary General Meetings.
If you join by annual standing order, you can select £10 worth of leaflets from the largest stock of literature held by any M.E. charity in the UK.
In order to take advantage of this offer you will also need to download, complete, and return the Membership Application Form, together with the form indicating your chosen selection of free leaflets.
How to pay your subscription
You can join the ME Association and pay your annual subscription in several ways:
- Debit or credit card via our online shop,
- Debit or credit card by phone to head office (01280 818964 between 9.30am and 3.00pm, Monday-Friday),
- Download and complete the Membership Application Form, and pay by debit or credit card, cheque, postal order, or annual standing order (and qualify for £10 worth of free leaflets).
When we have received your subscription, we will send you:
- A copy of the latest issue of our magazine, ME Essential,
- An information sheet: ‘Where to find benefits’,
- An information sheet listing a number of books which you may find helpful, and,
- If you have paid by annual standing order, your selection of £10 worth of free leaflets.
By joining the ME Association, you will also be helping others with M.E.
We recognise that your personal support of our cause is important and we will do all that we can to support the needs of our members.
Subscriptions are a vital part of our charity income and they allow us to help make the UK a better place for people with M.E.
Moreover, the more members we have, the more representative we can be – which is especially useful when trustees and staff take part in medical and societal debate, or we decide to launch a specific campaign.
You don’t have to be personally affected by M.E. to join the ME Association.
Membership is available to carers, family-members, and anyone with a professional interest in the condition.
“If it wasn’t for the ME Association I don’t think I would have been able to move from being very severely ill to where I am today.”
“The ME Association has been there since I first became ill and given support when all else has failed. Its continuing presence is very important to me.”
“Members of the charity have been very quick to help me with problems and especially Dr Shepherd, as he is so busy and trying to do so much despite his own poor health. I’m very grateful to all the team.”
“I like and trust that many people working for the ME Association have first-hand knowledge and experience of M.E.”