We regard your personal support of our cause as particularly important. Moreover, the more members we have, the more weight The ME Association carries when our representatives are asked for their input to medical and social debate.
By joining The ME Association, you will also be helping others with ME/CFS.
SPEED TRACK YOUR MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION by phoning 01280 827070 any weekday between 9.30am and 3.30pm and have your debit or credit card ready. Please note that our free leaflet offer (see below) only applies to people joining by annual Standing Order. ‘Speedtracking’ does not cover this process.
Ten good reasons for joining the ME Association
1. We know ME is a physical illness. No one should be telling you that “it’s all in the mind”.
2. Throughout the year, we campaign for better care for everyone with the illness. This cannot come without greater understanding.
3. We work to secure improved health services for people with ME and benefits which are easier to obtain by those too ill to work.
4. We fund research into the physical nature and causes of the illness and effective treatments.
5. We run ME Connect, Britain’s premier helpline for ME. This is open every day of the week, including Sundays and Bank Holidays.
6. Britain’s best-known ME campaigner, Dr Charles Shepherd, is our honorary medical adviser and a trustee of The ME Association. He’s backed by a panel of other experts.
7. Dr Shepherd contributes to our quarterly membership magazine ‘ME Essential’ – required reading for many thousands of people with the illness and their carers.
8. All new members receive a copy of our medical guidance brochure.
9. When joining by Standing Order, new members can select £10 worth of leaflets from the largest stock of literature held by any ME charity in the UK.
10. WE listen to what YOU tell us.
Full Membership is available to all adults with ME/CFS, carers and anyone with an interest.
£18.00 (UK residents)
£24.00 (Mainland Europe including Republic of Ireland)
£30.00 (Rest of the World)
Each full member is entitled to vote at our Annual and Extraordinary General Meetings.
A Membership Form is available for download below which you can print, complete and send to Head Office. If for any reason you are unable to use this document, please contact ME Connect and we will be pleased to post you a copy.
When we have received your completed Membership Form and subscription, we will send you:
- a copy of the latest issue of our magazine, ME Essential
- our order form detailing discounts available to Members
- an information sheet: “Information on the effect of high doses of essential fatty acids on the chronic fatigue syndrome”
- Bookshelf – an information sheet listing a number of books which you may find relevant to your condition
- a printed copy of “ME/CFS/PVFS An Exploration of the Key Clinical Issues” by Dr Charles Shepherd and Dr Abhijit Chaudhuri.
- your choice of up to ten of the £1 information leaflets free of charge. This offer only applies to people joining The ME Association if you decide to pay by annual Standing Order. It is not available to people renewing their membership.
Download the MEA Membership Form (‘pdf’ document – file size: 330Kb)